Current Challenges for Fire Safety Management
About the eventVenue
Exeter City Council
09.00am – 11.45am
Join our speakers Emma Hammond and Iain Bowker for this session on current challenges for fire safety.
The event will cover the following areas, with an opportunity to pose questions to both Emma and Iain
• Appropriate management of fire safety in an environment where funding is reducing and challenges are increasing.
• Identification and safety of vulnerable people – what are our obligations as social Landlords
• What makes a Fire Risk Assessment “suitable and sufficient”
• Day to day Fire Safety Management postGrenfell
• Board assurance – what information should we be providing to Boards so that they can discharge their duties
Emma Hammond is a freelance Health & Safety Compliance Consultant with a particular focus on Landlord Fire Safety. Iain Bowker is Director at ENSURE Safety and Compliance who is a specialist in legislation compliance, risk management and evidence orientated business solutions.
Benefits of attendingDelegates will have an opportunity to benchmark their organisations approach to fire safety against others in the sector and discuss areas of best practice
Who should attendThis event is aimed at people responsible for managing the fire safety process or with responsibility for vulnerable people. For example neighbourhoods teams and management/executive teams
This event is free to attend for members and £25.00 + VAT for non-members.
Non CIH members, please note if you cancel within 3 days of the event or do not attend you will be charged the full fee.
Members - click on the book button and book your place using your CIH membership number and password.
Non-members - Are you a non-member of CIH or is this your first time using the website to book an event?
Click on book, you will then be asked to register your details in order for your booking to be processed. Please note once you have registered you will not need to do this again, instead you will need to log in via your username and password.
Alternatively contact email@example.com quoting ref: RESW12122017AM