Uncertainty and opportunity - equality, diversity and inclusion in a rapidly changing world
Joint event supported by
About the event
The Housing Diversity Network and CIH Equality and Diversity Conference this year looks at how the sector can respond to the rapidly changing world, considering the impact on your organisation and the communities you service to ensure inclusion is at the forefront of the business.
The main themes of the day
Leadership in “troubled times” – Ensuring the widest pool of talent and insight in formal leadership roles and developing the capacity for everyone to take a lead in improving services.
Resilient and cohesive communities - Understanding the impacts of the current context, the experiences of people facing discrimination in your communities and the support they need. Understanding what works to create resilient and cohesive communities.
Tackling multiple exclusion – Through improving health, income, education, employment and skills.
Benefits of attending
- Understand how diverse organisations deliver better results and how you can implement them within your organisation.
- How you can overcome the risks posed to the most vulnerable in your communities by the current climate – Brexit, migrant crisis, austerity and welfare reform
- Learn how we develop a dynamic approach to inclusion
Format of the day
- A mixture of keynote speakers and interactive sessions across the day.
- An inspirational speaker to start who can connect the three main themes – through the lens of their personal story and commitment to the sector.
- Evidence based good practice with exemplars from social housing and input from organisations including the police and EHRC.
Who should attend
This one day event will beneﬁt any organisation keen to fully embrace equality and diversity, and will be of particular interest to: heads of housing, equality ofﬁcers and managers, housing strategy and policy ofﬁcers/managers, resident and tenant ofﬁcers and managers, human resource professionals, customer service managers, equality and diversity policy advisors, supported service managers and business service managers.
CIH member rate: £185 + VAT
HDN member rate: £185 + VAT
Standard rate: £225 + VAT
Please read our terms and conditions before making your booking.
Book online by clicking the 'book' button at the bottom of this page.
Download a booking form and return to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information please contact us on 024 7685 1722 or email email@example.com