Welfare Reform: what next for Scotland?
About the event
10% early bird discount available until Friday 22 September 2017
Changes to the UK welfare system have been slowly implemented since the Welfare Reform Act was enacted in 2012. Scotland’s housing sector is now entering a crucial time period with the impact of many of the reforms beginning to be felt. Join us as we explore the latest developments in Welfare Reform and examine the impact on housing organisations and their tenants in Scotland.
This event will tackle topics including:
The reduced Benefit Cap and its impact on your tenants and your organisation’s finances. Learn what organisations are doing to mitigate the affect on their business.
The LHA Cap - what it means for younger people in Scotland and its impact on supported housing.
Universal Credit and how it is being dealt with in areas where full service has been rolled out. .
The new Social Security (Scotland) Bill. What are the principals of the new system and when might we expect to see more details from Scottish Government?
Join us for this unmissable event.
Benefits of attending
Delegates will benefit from:
- A greater understanding of the latest developments in Welfare Reform and how they will affect your organisation
- Learn more about the proposed introduction of LHA caps to the social rented sector and what this will mean for Scotland
- Hear insight on Universal Credit and take fresh ideas back to your organisation
- Excellent networking opportunities and the chance to share experience and knowledge with fellow professionals in the field
Who should attendThis event will be of interest to staff from both local authorities and housing associations including housing managers, housing officers, policy and strategy staff, allocations officers, heads of housing and anyone working in or who has an interest in Welfare Reform.
Exhibition & sponsorship
If you are interested in exhibition and sponsorship opportunities at this event, please contact Sean Henderson, Business Development Officer on 0131 225 4544 or email email@example.com
- CIH member/contributing organisation - £175 + VAT
- Non CIH member/non-contributing organisation - £250 + VAT
- Voluntary organisation rate - £80.00 + VAT (please contact us direct to book this rate: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0131 225 4544. Strictly eligible for this rate: Housing Charity Volunteer or Voluntary/Tenant Organisation Representative, excluding RSL staff and board members).
The delegate price includes a comprehensive delegate pack, all refreshments and lunch.
You can view our online booking procedure here.
Terms and Conditions
Please read our terms and conditions carefully before completing your booking.
Did you know that all CIH members receive CPD hours for attending CIH events and training courses?
CIH will automatically record a specific number of CPD hours for CIH activities you undertake. To find out more, click on the CPD icon above.
Approximate timings will be 09:30 – 15:45