CIH's Midlands Awards - bigger and better than ever before
The awards - designed to showcase the very best examples of good practice from around the sector - took place at the Ricoh Arena, Coventry, on 10 November.
East Midlands board chair Natalie Robertson - area community manager at Orbit Living - said: "Our 2016 CIH Midlands Awards event was attended by almost 300 people, showcasing some of the excellence and best practice from across our regions (East and West Midlands). It was great to hear people saying that this year’s was the 'best yet'!"
She continued: "It was a fabulous opportunity for networking and building connections, in what has been a challenging year for housing organisations, their staff and customers."
West Midlands board chair Nirmal Samrai, head of housing at Shropshire Housing Group, echoed Natalie's thoughts, adding: "What a fantastic, upbeat event; we said it would be bigger and better and we certainly exceeded those expectations. I am proud that we have created an awards dinner for housing professionals across the Midlands to come together and celebrate."
- New professional of the year
Charlotte Welch, Lindsey District Council
- Apprentice of the year
Chen Thompson, Wolverhampton Homes
- East Midlands Development of the year
South Derbyshire District Council & Woodhead Living
- West Midlands Development of the year
Cardan Pointe, WHG
- Excellence in community action
- Excellence in youth involvement
Witton Lodge Community Association
- Excellence in the use of technology
- Health, housing and care: Innovative partnerships
Lincs Independent Living Partnership (LILP), Boston Mayflower
- Making a difference through volunteering (decided via a live vote on the night)
- Exceptional contribution by a CIH member
Yvonne Leishman, The community housing group