Housing professionals invited to share views with minister at events
Housing minister Gavin Barwell is inviting housing professionals to join him to share their views on the housing white paper at a series of regional events.
Mr Barwell announced this week he will be attending a series of events from Monday 20 February to Mon 6 March.
He said: "The challenge of increasing supply cannot be met by government alone.
"That is why I want to hear from a wide range of stakeholders - councillors, local authority planning and housing officers, large and small developers, housing associations, estate agents, letting agents and others - about what they think about the white paper and how we can work together to fix our broken housing market.
"To that end I am going to spend the next couple of weeks travelling around the country trying to hear from as many housing and planning professionals as possible."
The events are taking place as follows. Book a place by clicking below.
- London, hosted by GLA, on Monday 20 February, 6.30pm to 8pm - Book now
- Birmingham, jointly hosted by CIH and HouseMark, on Tuesday 21 February, 9.45am to 11.15am - Book now
- Manchester, hosted by NHF, on Tuesday 21 February, 2pm to 3.30pm - Book now
- Cambridge, hosted by Cambridge City Council, on Wednesday 22 February, 3pm to 4.30pm - Book now
- Gateshead, hosted by Northern Housing Consortium, on Thursday 23 February, 10.15am to 10.45am - Book now
- York, hosted by York City Council, on Friday 24 February, 9.30am to 11am - Book now
- Nottingham, hosted by the HCA, on Friday 24 February, 2pm to 3.30pm - Book now
- Taunton, hosted by Taunton Council, on Thursday 2 March, 3pm to 4.30pm - Book now
- Surrey, hosted by South East England Councils, on Monday 6 March, 10.45am to 12.15pm - Book now by sending an RSVP to Emma Sutton here
- Watch deputy chief executive Gavin Smart discussing the white paper in this short video