Legal update - an overview
The West Midlands regional board's first event of the year was the very popular 'legal update', held at Stafford & Rural Homes. The presentation was delivered by Paul Lloyd of Whiteheads Solicitors and the event attracted over 60 enthusiastic delegates. The update covered many of the main pieces of legislation and case law which have been implemented in the past twelve months as well as looking at what is on the horizon for the housing sector.
- ASB Crime and Policing Act – a review of the effectiveness of the changes implemented last year
- the Care Act 2014 – an overview of the key components contained within the Act
- De-Regulation 2015
- the Immigration Act 2014 – including the right to rent
- the Housing and Planning Bill - what to expect
- a range of relevant case law including Akerman – Livingstone v Aster Communities Limited
The presentation and all of the slides from the legal update can be found on our resources page.
Many thanks to Stafford & Rural Homes for providing us with such an excellent venue for the event and to Whiteheads for the presentation. Look out for future events which are provided free of charge to all members of CIH.