Total Housing 2018
Total Housing 2018 brought together South East and London regions for the first time. Over 800 people attended across the two days to discuss and debate the big issues and challenges in the region.
Opening keynote: The state of play
- Terrie Alafat CBE, chief executive, Chartered Institute of Housing
- Tom Titherington, executive director of property and growth, Catalyst Housing Association
Plenary: What now for landlords and residents?
- David Done, chief executive, Richmond Housing Partnership
- Nic Bliss, head of policy, Confederation of Co-operative Housing
- Elizabeth Spring, convenor, Kensington & Chelsea Community Housing Forum
Making the best of what we have: how can we maximise the potential of our existing stock?
- Larrisa Reed, executive director neighbourhoods, communities & housing, Brighton & Hove City Council
- Tony Tench ,chief operations officer, Housing and Care 21
After the Grenfell Tower tragedy: what now?
- Jan Taranczuk, CIH London Board
- Andrew Gausden, business safety department manager, East Sussex Fire & Rescue Service
Putting an end to rough sleeping: Housing First in Europe
- Vincent Morival, ABEJ Solidarite, Lille, France
- Brian Matthews, housing commissioning and partnerships manager, London Borough of Camden
- Anita Birchall, head of threshold, Threshold Housing Manchester
Plenary: Regeneration not gentrification
Profit for purpose: striking the balance
- Steve Benson, chief executive , Two Saints
- Ian Munro, group chief executive, New Charter Group
Community-led housing: building the homes we need
- Tom Warder, community led housing manager, Action in rural Sussex
- Martyn Holmes, Bunker Self Build Housing Co-op
- Lianna Etkind, campaigns manager, London CLT
Domestic abuse and homelessness prevention
- Louisa Steele, housing first and homelessness coordinator and Elinor Crouch-Puzey, housing development manager, Standing Together
- Alison Inman, president, CIH
- Leigh Tyler, refuge manager, Safe in Sussex
The future of our sector
Keynote: Delivering affordable housing: lessons from Europe
Plenary: Knocking down the barriers: how do we build the homes we need?
- James Murray, deputy mayor, housing and residential development (London)
- Fiona MacGregor, executive director of regulation, Regulator of Social Housing
Regulation: where are we now?
- Fiona MacGregor, executive director of regulation regulator of social, Regulator of Social Housing
- Nick Yandle, policy leader, National Housing Federation
- Steve Smedley, acuity associate, Acuity
Modern maintenance: raising the standard
Tackling homelessness: learning from the trailblazers
- Lee Georgiou, head of housing needs, London Borough of Lewisham
- Laura Murray, housing change manager, London Borough of Lewisham
- Brian Bridger transition and partnerships manager, Hart District Council
- Kelly Watts, engagement and support manager, Hart District Council
Sub plenary - What should the housing sector’s brand be?
Keynote: Innovating in customer service
- Linda Moir, former director of customer service Virgin Atlantic and Head of Event Services, London 2012 Olympic Games