Top tips for your application
As well as handy hints to help ensure your application is the best it can be, here you'll also find details about the submission process and the conditions of entry. Please ensure you read this information prior to submitting your application.
Entrants must complete the application form providing evidence that it meets the judging criteria. The application may contain details of any references, testimonials or comments from partners in support of the application. Entries which fail to complete the full application as required will not be considered.
To enter, please complete the online application form.
Read our handy hints before completing your application and tell us how you meet the criteria for this Award.Winners will be announced at the Housing Awards 2020 on 21 February at Titanic Belfast.
Conditions of entry
- Applications must be received by Friday 29 November 2019.
- The application form is split up into two areas, the detail about the entry and the statement of support (600 words)
- Organisational entries must provide a 200 word statement detailing the project outcomes and achievements to date. An organisation may join together with others to submit joint entries
- Organisations may submit a maximum of two entries per category but there is no limit on the amount of categories that can be entered
- By entering the awards you are agreeing to any information and/or images supplied being used for publicity material
- Previous entries cannot be submitted unless there has been significant change to the project
- Judging panels are unable to offer feedback on individual entries
What makes a winning application?
It can be hard to know where to start when writing an award submission let alone what will make it stand out from the rest. On the awards website, we have tried to make it as straightforward and easy to follow as possible.
- Clearly written submissions in plain English
- Provide evidence in your submission
- Provide examples to consolidate information
- Try to include first hand testimonies and user feedback
- Illustrate the scale of the project
- Be explicit – remember the judges do not know anything about your project so try not to assume knowledge
- When including financial information within your awards entry then try to be as specific as possible, if you’re not sure of something then don’t include it
- Think about who will be judging the awards
- Remember to follow the rules
- Do not exceed the maximum word count
Aim to make your entry concise and focused, using bullet points where possible
Deadline for entries is Friday 29 November.