CIH Level 3 Certificate in Supporting Homeless People
The objective of this qualification is to provide individuals with the knowledge and understanding required to support homeless people at an operational level. The qualification explores core areas of homelessness.
Aims & Outcomes
On achievement of this qualification you will:
- have skills and knowledge for supporting homeless people.
The qualification is for people who:
- are working or resident in the UK,
- work supporting homeless people and want to develop their skills and knowledge
- already have a level 2 qualification and / or experience of working in housing
The qualification has four mandatory units:
- Homelessness services and prevention
- Involving housing service users
- Professional practice skills for housing
- Role of the support worker for independent living
The following additional unit may be offered to broaden the learning:
- Homelessness amongst ex-offenders