CIH Level 3 Certificate in Supporting Homeless People - FAB Award winner 2018
CIH scheme code 3H11
CIH is delighted to have won the Federation of Awarding Bodies (FAB) Qualification of the year award 2018, for their Level 3 in Supporting Homeless People.
This year we have seen a 500% surge in applications for the CIH Level 3 in Supporting Homeless People qualification, driven by the need to upskill housing professionals after the Homelessness Reduction Act.
The objective of this qualification is to provide individuals with the knowledge and understanding required to support homeless people at an operational level. The qualification explores core areas of homelessness.
Aims & Outcomes
On achievement of this qualification you will:
- have skills and knowledge for supporting homeless people.
The qualification is for people who:
- are working or resident in the UK,
- work supporting homeless people and want to develop their skills and knowledge
- already have a level 2 qualification and / or experience of working in housing
The qualification has four mandatory units:
- Homelessness services and prevention
- Involving housing service users
- Professional practice skills for housing
- Role of the support worker for independent living
The following additional unit may be offered to broaden the learning:
- Homelessness amongst ex-offenders
Where you can study