CIH Level 3 Certificate in Housing Maintenance and Asset Management
CIH scheme code 3A03
The objective of this qualification is to provide individuals with the technical knowledge and understanding of housing maintenance and asset management at an operational level. The qualification explores housing construction, maintenance and repair, KPIs and health and safety. All learners must study ethics and professional practice which supports the development of their own personal growth and engagement in learning and housing.
Aims & Outcomes
On achievement of this qualification learners will:
- understand the housing maintenance/asset management role and how this fits into the wider context of housing
- introduce some of the knowledge necessary to participate in housing maintenance/asset management related activities.
The qualification is for people who:
- are aged 16+
- who are maintenance professionals working in the housing sector
- or non-technical staff from a customer service or housing management background who want to progress to become a housing maintenance/asset management professional
- working as tenant liaison officers in private construction companies
Learners must achieve a minimum of 13 credits in order to be awarded the qualification, from 1 mandatory unit and 3 optional units. An optional unit must be taken from each optional unit group, with a further unit to be taken from either group.
Professional practice skills for housing
For optional unit groups see page 7 and 8 of the qualification specification.
Where you can study
The qualification is new and supercedes the CIH Level 3 Certificate in Housing Maintenance (QCF). New centres approved: