CIH Level 2 Award in Involvement in Housing and Communities (QCF)
The purpose of this new qualification is to prepare (and/or recognise) tenants and residents for their contribution to their housing organisations and communities.
The CIH awarding organisation (AO) is currently working with centres to commence delivery of this qualification. If you are interested in either taking the qualification or delivering it, please email us to register your interest.
Aims & outcomes
The qualification aims to:
- provide residents with the skills and/or knowledge that they require to be actively involved in their housing and/or community
- prepare learners for further study in housing related qualifications at level 2 and 3
The qualification is suitable for learners who:
- are aged over 14
- already have a level 1 qualification and/or experience of being actively involved in their housing and/or community
- are based in the UK and Ireland - but the course may also be used in other countries as appropriate
Learners must achieve a minimum of three credits from a minimum of three units. The CIH awarding organisation and the approved centre will agree an appropriate combination of units for inclusion in a course before delivery commences.
The following pathways may also be offered:
- Community action
- Tenants and residents associations
- Resident scrutiny
- Skills for active tenants
The qualification is on the regulated qualification framework.
How you can learn
What to do next
- Contact the CIH awarding organisation to discuss becoming approved to deliver this qualification