CIH Level 3 Certificate in Supporting Homeless People (QCF)
This qualification has been superceded by CIH Level 3 Certificate in Supporting Homeless People. The final date for learner registrations on this qualification is 31 March 2017.
This qualification explores the mainstays of key working, supporting you to develop approaches within your organisation to achieve successful outcomes for your clients. It is comparable to an A-level or NVQ level 3.
Aims & outcomes
On completion of this course learners will:
- have an understanding of the provision of services to both tackle and prevent homelessness
- have a broader understanding of the role of the support worker and the values and principles that underpin the provision of support services for independent living
- have developed their personal, professional and organisational skills such as communication, team working and customer service skills
- working in the homelessness sector
- aged 16+
This course focuses on the following topics:
- Homelessness services and prevention
- Involving housing service users
- Role of the support worker for independent living
- Professional practice skills for housing
The qualification has a credit value of 13 under the Qualfications and Credit Framework (QCF).
- CIH Housing Academy - Northern Ireland
- Birmingham YMCA
- Dutton Fisher & Associates Ltd
- Liverpool YMCA
- The Centre for Housing and Support
Other centres deliver this qualification to their own employees, but at this time do not take external learners.