Introduction to leasehold management
DescriptionTo make leasehold and service charge management more effective.
What you'll learn
- The importance of the lease and usual terms found within it
- How shared ownership/equity differs from ‘traditional’ leasehold
- The law surrounding service charge estimates and summaries
- Rights to challenge the level of service charges and the cost of major works
- The consultation process when major works are proposed
- Measures which could help prevent and manage service charge arrears
- The powers of the courts to forfeit leases and how to forfeit leases
- The role of the First-Tier Tribunal
Who should attendFrontline housing staff and housing managers and those responsible for developing leaseholder/shared ownership policies and advisers.
Trainer InfoJohn Shortridge
Duration: 1 full day
CPD: 6 Hours
Dates & Locations18 May 2017, London
Member price £215 + VAT
Standard price £265 + VAT
Members: Click on Login to book and enter your username and password.
Non-members: Click on book and register your details.
If you experience any difficulties please call us on 02476 851700 - option 2 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Payment: You can request that we invoice your employer or make payment via credit/debit card. Please note all invoices must be fully paid before the event takes place.
The delegate price includes a comprehensive delegate pack, handouts, all refreshments and lunch.