How to plan strategically
17 May 2017
Strategic planning can be a daunting prospect, especially if it’s something you are unfamiliar with. This 1/2 day practical workshop is designed for those who want to know more about the importance of strategic planning and how this operates in the housing sector. Make a strategic move in your housing career and become more confident in this complex area of your work.
• Equip you to develop, produce or contribute to the production of a strategic plan
• Explain how strategic planning is conducted and the key areas to include
• Understanding tools and techniques used in strategic planning
By the end of this course you will be able to:
• Understand the contents of a typical strategic plan
• Define the key tools used to examine the internal and external environment
• Explain the purpose of strategic planning and how it adds value to an organisation
• Identify how risk management and financial assessment is a critical aspect of business planning
• Examine the regulatory guidance in relation to producing strategic plans
Who should attendAny housing staff for whom strategic planning is part of their role, or anyone who wishes to find out more about strategic planning.
Gary Dalziel is the Director of Finance and Corporate Services for Linstone Housing Association. He has over 20 years experience in the housing sector with initially ten years experience in housing management before moving into finance and corporate services. As well as conducting training for the CIH Gary also lectures on the Level 4 Diploma in Housing.
Dates & LocationsWednesday 17 May 2017 at the CIH Scotland Office, 160 Dundee Street, Edinburgh from 09:30 - 13:30.
Standard price - £150 + VAT
Member price - £135 + VAT
Contributing org. price - £125 + VAT
You can view our online booking procedure here.
Please note that if your organisation requires a purchase order number on the invoice, you MUST input this at the point of booking.