Violence against women: an employment and HR issue
On 29 April 2015, the Violence against Women, Domestic Abuse and Sexual Violence (Wales) Bill received Royal Assent and became an Act.
Social housing providers in Wales are uniquely placed to help individuals experiencing domestic abuse. In partnership with Welsh Women’s Aid, CIH Cymru is pleased to offer a new suite of training designed to enhance your understanding of violence against women, domestic abuse and sexual violence (VAWDASV). We are offering three different courses that will raise your awareness of VAWDASV, build confidence in identifying signs of VAWDASV in the home and help to improve how disclosures are managed and how survivors are supported.
This course is aimed at individuals with responsibility for ensuring the workplace is a safe environment for victims of violence against women, domestic abuse and sexual violence.
- Understand the impact of violence against women on individuals and workplaces
- Understand how supporting/working alongside a victim/survivor may impact on colleagues and managers
- Recognise the signs and symptoms of someone experiencing domestic abuse
- Feel more confident in supporting an employee/colleague experiencing domestic abuse
- Feel more confident in asking the question and responding effectively to a disclosure
- Increased awareness of how to implement supportive responses to different types of violence against women
This one day training course is delivered by Welsh Women's Aid
Dates & Locations20 November 2018, Cardiff
CIH Members/Housing Partnership Organisations: £149 + vat
Non Members: £199 + vat