Blended learning CIH Level 3 certificate in housing practice - Wales
Frontline and practitioner
Delivery location: Cardiff, Wales
Start date: 25 September 2018
The Level 3 Certificate in Housing Practice is a ten month blended learning programme that will provide you with a broader knowledge and understanding of key areas in delivering housing services.
Learners will study a total of eight units that provide essential underpinning knowledge for working in housing organisations. Including:
- The housing system
- Professional practice skills for housing
- Occupancy, tenure and lettings
- Rental income management
- Dealing with anti-social behaviour in housing
- Delivery of housing services
- Involving housing service users
- Sustainable communities
You will be required to attend five face-to-face learning days as part of this course which are delivered by a CIH tutor. This is combined with access to e-learning materials and the ongoing support of your tutor.
How will this course benefit me and my organisation?Gaining a qualification is a great way to develop your career prospects. Qualifications at this level will enable you to be an effective housing practitioner and will provide you with a broader understanding of how your organisation and others in the housing industry work.
You will gain valuable skills including:
- Researching and report writing
- Evaluating your organisation's approach to housing issues
- Reflecting on your own professional practice
- Planning ahead for your own development
Successful completion of this qualification will provide you with a vocational qualification of an equivalent standard to an A-Level. It will also prepare you for further study of the Level 4 Certificate in Housing, which the first step towards CIH Chartered membership.
You will recieve CIH membership for the duration of your course, entitling you to a range of benefits designed to keep you up to date with the latest developments in the sector to support you in your job and your studies along with a network of housing professionals On completion of this course you'll be eligible for CIH Certified Practitioner status.
Who can apply?To benefit from this programme you should be working in either a paid or voluntary capacity in housing and also meet one of the criteria below:
- Have completed as a minimum the level 2 certificate in housing practice
- Have completed an equivalent level 2 qualification
What does the course cost and how long does it take?
- Standard price: £1,512
- Partnership (Wales Levy) organisation: £1,360.80 (10% discount)
- Duration: Ten months, approximately 8 hours study per week.
How to apply
- Apply online using the 'Book' button. This will register your place on the course and allow you to make payment. You can choose to pay the full course fee or invoice your employer. If you are paying for this qualification yourself and would like to pay in instalments please contact us on 024 7685 1789.
- Following registration, you will be contacted by a member of the CIH housing academy team and asked to complete a form to provide evidence of your previous qualifications and experience and to set up your CIH membership, which is free for the duration of your course.
Call our team on 0247685789 / 02920765760 or email us if you'd like to discuss whether this is the right course for you