Blended learning CIH Level 5 Diploma in housing - Wales
Delivery location: Cardiff, Wales
Start date: 4 October 2015
The Level 5 Diploma in Housing provides individuals with knowledge and understanding across key areas of housing policy and practice, as a recognised professional standard. Gving the skills required to perform in a senior management role.
The course will cover:
Ethical practice in housing: including theories of ethical practice; ethical dilemmas in housing; current ethical issues affecting housing professionals.
Professional practice skills for housing: including being a professional; skills required to be a housing professional; assessing your performance and managing your own professional development
Leadership and management in housing: theories of management and leadership; the attributes of successful leaders and managers; reflective practice.
Strategic and business planning for housing: social versus commercial objectives; theory and practice of strategic management; developing business plans.
Housing in context: historical development of housing policy; the influence of political ideology; comparative housing studies.
Managing relationships in housing: the changing profile of housing customers; understanding housing customers’ needs; effective partnership working; principles of contract management.
Delivered through a blended learning approcah. Learners will required to attend six face-to-face teaching days, including an induction day as part of this course, which are delivered by a CIH tutor. This is combined with access to e-learning materials and the ongoing support of your tutor.
How will the course benefit me and my organisation?
Gaining an accredited qualification from CIH will equip you with the key skills and expert knowledge needed to contribute to performance improvement in your organisation in a fast-changing environment.The CIH Diploma in Housing suits aspiring professionals, supervisors and managers who wish to achieve CIH Chartered membership (CIHCM)
You will also recieve CIH membership for the duration of your course, entitling you to a range of benefits designed to keep you up to date with the latest developments in the sector to support you in your job and your studies,a wealth of support and practical advice along with a network of housing professionals.
Who can apply?
This programme is a route to CIH chartered membership. To access this programme you should be working in either a paid or voluntary capacity in housing and also have completed one of the following:
- CIH Level 4 Certificate for the Housing Profession*, or
- CIH Level 4 Certificate*, or Diploma*, in Housing Practice*, or equivalent*
You will be asked to provide evidence of your qualifications and/or your experience of working in the housing sector as part of the application process.
What does the course cost and how long does it take?
Location: Cardiff, Wales
Duration: 12 months, approximately 6 - 8 hours study a week.
Start date: 4 October 2018
Standard price: £2700
CIH Cymru Partnership (Levy) organisation: £2565 (5% discount)
How to apply
- Apply online using the 'Book' button below. This will register your place on the course and allow you to make payment. You can choose to pay the full course fee or invoice your employer. If you are paying for this course yourself and would like to pay in installments, please give us a call on 024 7685 1789.
- Following registration, you will be contacted by a member of the CIH housing academy team and asked to complete a form to provide evidence of your previous qualifications and experience and to set up your CIH membership, which is free for the duration of your course.
- You do not need to complete the dietary requirements section of the registration - as refreshments will not be provided.
- Call our team on 02476851789 or 02920765760 or email us if you'd like to discuss whether this is the right course for you.