CIH Level 2 Certificate in Housing Maintenance - July
The deadline for registration for this course is 30 July 2018.
The CIH Level 2 Certificate in Housing Maintenance is a brand new introductory qualification, designed for those who are new to housing maintenance or are looking to improve their general awareness of housing maintenance issues.
The 20-week course covers five units:
• Housing provision and housing organisations
• Customer care in the housing context
• House construction
• Housing maintenance systems
• Developing skills for working in housing
* Please note that learners need to have experienced a housing related activity in order to complete part of the assignment for the unit Developing skills for working in housing.
This qualification shares three units with the CIH Level 2 Certificate in Housing Practice. Learners who have previously completed the Level 2 Certificate in Housing Practice would be able to transfer credit for the three units already completed. The cost of completing the two additional units required to complete this qualification would be £190. Please email email@example.com or call us on 024 7685 1789 if you wish to take this route.
How will the course benefit me and my organisation?
Getting a qualification is a great way to ensure that you are able to perform your role to a high standard, provide an excellent service to your tenants, and develop your knowledge of housing legislation and best practice.
This programme will provide you with an understanding of housing and housing maintenance, helping you to further your career in housing, develop your understanding of this field and be more effective in your role.
When you register to study a CIH qualification you receive CIH membership for no extra cost for the duration of your course, giving you access to a wealth of guidance, support and practical advice as well as a network of housing professionals.
Who can apply?
This programme is an introductory qualification which is perfect for those looking for work in the sector or those aiming to increase their knowledge in housing maintenance. The qualification is aimed at:
• tenants and residents wishing to explore housing maintenance issues to enhance their personal involvement and understanding of housing issues.
• people not currently working in housing but considering a frontline housing position as a career option.
• people who are new to housing maintenance or workers in a front-line position who want to improve their general awareness of housing maintenance issues.
• people working in housing who wish to attain an initial qualification in housing maintenance.
Applicants must be aged 16 or over.
What does the course cost and how long does it take?
Course cost: £450
Duration: 20 weeks, approximately 6-8 hours of study per week
How to apply
Apply online using the 'Book' button below. This will register your place on the course and allow you to make payment. You can choose to pay the full course fee or invoice your employer.
Following registration, you will be contacted by a member of the CIH Housing Academy team and asked to complete a form to provide evidence of your previous qualifications and experience, and to set up your CIH membership, which is free for the duration of your course.
You do not need to complete the dietary requirements section of the registration - as this is an online course there are no face-to-face sessions.
Call our team on 024 7685 1789 or email us if you'd like to discuss whether this is the right course for you.