CIH Level 3 Certificate in Letting & Managing Residential Property - December
Please note the deadline for registration for this course is 4 December 2017
This Level 3 Certificate in Letting and Managing Residential Property is a 6 month online vocationally related qualification for the property sector. The programme provides individuals with the knowledge required to work in a front line role in letting and managing residential property within England and Wales.
The qualification consists of four mandatory units:
Letting residential properties
Property standards for residential properties
Tenancy management for residential property
Ending tenancies of residential property
In addition to the mandatory units above, we also offer an additional optional unit specifically aimed at letting agents – Professional practice for letting agents. This unit aims to provide an understanding of the relationship between the agent, landlords and tenants. It also looks at business development and learning through experience.
For individuals operating in Scotland, The LETWELL programme, a partnership between CIH Scotland and Landlord Accreditation Scotland, is an accepted programme that satisfies the Scottish Governments registration requirements. Contact CIH Scotland, Scotland@cih.org 0131 225 4544 or visit www.landlordaccreditationscotland.com/letwell-development-for-the-property-letting-profession for more information. For information on qualifications in Northern Ireland please email CIH Northern Ireland, email@example.com or call 028 9077 8222.
How will this course benefit me and my organisation?
Gaining a qualification is a great way to ensure that you are able to perform your role to a high standard, provide an excellent service to landlords and tenants, and develop your knowledge of housing legislation and best practice.
You will gain valuable skills including:
- Researching and report writing
- Evaluating your organisation's approach to housing issues
- Reflecting on your own professional practice
- Planning ahead for your own development
Successful completion of this course will provide you with a vocational qualification of an equivalent standard to an A-Level.
When you register to study a CIH qualification you receive CIH membership for no extra cost for the duration of your course, giving you access to a wealth of guidance, support and practical advice as well as a network of housing professionals.
On completion of this course you'll be eligible for Certified Practitioner status.
Who can apply?
- Individual landlords, letting one or a small portfolio of residential properties
- Letting and managing agents
- Housing association staff letting and/or managing market-rented properties
- Housing advice workers
- People in, or aspiring to, a front-line role in letting and managing residential property
To apply for this programme you should:
- Be working in residential letting or a property related industry, in a front line role
- Have completed as a minimum the level 2 award in letting and managing residential property or a comparable/equivalent qualification
You will be asked to provide evidence of your qualifications and/or your experience as part of the application process. (CIH also offers the Level 2 Award in Letting and Managing Residential Property as an online qualification).
What does the course cost and how long does it take?
Course Cost: £700
Course duration: 24 weeks
Additional unit: Professional practice for letting agents
Duration: 6 weeks
Approximately 6-8 hours of study per week
How to apply
• Apply online using the 'Book' button below. This will register your place on the course and allow you to make payment. You can choose to pay the full course fee or invoice your employer. If you are paying for this qualification yourself and would like to pay in instalments please contact us on 024 7685 1789.
• If you wish to take the professional practice for letting agents unit please apply for the certificate and contact our online learning team T: 024 7685 1789 E: firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange payment and study for the additional unit.
• Following registration, you will be contacted by a member of the CIH housing academy team and asked to complete a form to provide evidence of your previous qualifications and experience and to set up your CIH membership, which is free for the duration of your course.
• You do not need to complete the dietary requirements section of the registration - as this is an online course there are no face-to-face sessions.